Elder Dallin Dean Gomez

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Day! Dallin's first letter came!

 Here is a portion of his letter:

I almost got attacked :) 13 letters on my first day!  That's insane. It came at just the right moment though, it was a great blessing. (Tali and Siera gathered letters from a bunch of his good friends from school and I mailed them all together with our family letters so that they would be there when he got there - so thanks to all of you who wrote to him!)    I don't even know what to say except that I am doing just great!
It's so hard to find extra time to write letters. there is no extra time!   I really really want to let you know that I'm great!  The spirit is strong here.  Yes, learning here at the MTC is like trying to drink out of a fire hydrant, but it's fun! 
We've been learning a lot about our purpose as missionaries.  We don't just read "to invite others to receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentence, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end".  WE GET WAY MORE INTO IT. WAY MORE INTO IT!
My companion is Elder Pung from Hemmett California. He is a nice guy.  My teacher wants me to take the test to go up into intermediate Spanish, but I don't know if I'll pass?!@! I'm going to take it tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday.   If I do test out, I'll have to leave this residence room, leave the building completely, switch companions ... so we'll see.

I don't  know what else to say right now except this is the only letter I've written so far in three days.  It's almost impossible to find time!  I am supposed to wait till P-day - -but it's not till next Thursday and I really really wanted to let you know that I'm great! Will you tell everyone not to be offended is they don't get a letter from me for a week, because I don't have a lot of time to write.      I love hearing from all of you as much as possible, and I will respond to ALL of you eventually, when possible. I love you.  Tell everyone thank you so much for the letters.   Good night and choose the right!  Elder Gomez

1 comment: