Elder Dallin Dean Gomez

Thursday, September 30, 2010

P-day Email September 30, 2010

Hola mis amigos!
Happy birthday Levi on Saturday! I hope you had an awesome day!
It's good to hear from all of you. I enjoy hearing good things that are
happening back in sweet little Lake Point and other places.
I was surprised a couple of days ago when my branch president called me to
him and asked me if I would be the district leader. I accepted of course, so
I'm the district leader. It's a blessing, because you can really grow to
love the Elders you serve with and become their great friends.
I'd like to thank a special someone for some amazing cookies that were
basically devoured by me and the other elders in my room...you know who you
are! Ha ha.
A lot happened this week. There were a lot of devotionals and firesides this
week and all of them are so powerful. President L. Whitney Clayton talked
about the progress of this church and how it continues to roll forward as
the stone cut out of the mountain. One thing he talked about was the church
in South America. In 1925, Melvin J. Ballard was in Buenos Aires to dedicate
South America for the preaching of the gospel, and at that time, there were
no members on the whole continent. A few months later, the first person was
baptized. Today, there are roughly 400,000 members in Buenos Aires alone,
and millions throughout the continent. It's such an amazing thing.
Prophesies about our day are surely being fulfilled! Keep praying
for missionary work, especially in areas that are not currently open to the
preaching of the gospel. Which brings me to the next thing-prayer. Prayer is
great. It's powerful. and it's real! There are so many instances in the last
3 weeks where my prayers have been answered. I promise you that if you pray
regularly, Heavenly Father will help you will all that he has.
I have an embarrassing story to tell. The other day me and another Elder
from my district were running back from the field where we just had our gym
time, well, it was at an "intersection" I guess you could say, and there
were elders and sisters walking perpendicular to us, and so I was trying to
find a gap that I could run through, and I was focusing on this gap right
after some sisters...(I'm thinking all of this as I'm running toward them in
the space of like 3 seconds) so I do this little maneuver around them, and
all of the sudden I smack into a pillar/pole. What?! I was so focused on how
I was going to get in between these missionaries that I forgot to watch out
for long sturdy metal things that are all over the place. So I hit it pretty
hard and my shoulder and arm hurt so bad. It's still a little bruised, but
it's definitely getting better. I'll be more careful next time (mom) :)
I want to thank everyone for seeing the good in me and helping me through
life. It means so much. Always strive to see the good attributes of people.
Our Heavenly Father only sees our strengths and the good parts of us. He
loves you and he has faith in you. Pray about that. Pray to better
understand God's love. You will have blessings come into your life.
Read your scriptures! The scriptures are amazing. Especially the Book of
Mormon. I was thinking as that talk that was given about the progress of the
gospel and about missionary work in South America, and I just had a thought.
This is just my personal opinion, but I had this impression that one of the
reasons why so many people from these South American countries accept the
gospel and are baptized is because of the Book of Mormon. When they read the
Book of Mormon, they can feel that it is a true record of their ancestry! I
bet they feel that, and that's one of the reasons why they know this church
is true.
The Book of Mormon is about REAL people. Christ DID visit the Nephites and
bless their children and teach them and establish his church. Read the Book
of Mormon. It is so important. Christ came into this world. He died for us.
He was resurrected. And HE WILL COME AGAIN SOON! I know with all of my heart
that that is true. Start improving your lives in whatever way possible. I
have so much work to do, but it's good. I love it.
Thank you all for your love and support and for everything!

I would love to hear from all of you!
-- 
*Elder Dallin Dean Gomez*
MTC Mailbox # 286
CHI-CONS 1109
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment