Elder Dallin Dean Gomez

Monday, April 25, 2011

Dallin Email - Leaving Bio Bio!

April 25, 2011
Hello everyone!

This week has been very eventful! First off...CAMBIOS! I am leaving Bio Bio
already!!!!!!! I am going to an area called Independencia. My companion will
be Elder Lamb, from Utah. I was pretty shocked to hear that I would be
leaving. This cambio was excellent. Time moves too fast.

One of the days this week, it RAINED a LOT! We were not really prepared for
it either. I put on all of my "waterproof" gear but it didnt do much. I had
a classic movie scene happen to me. We had just left a visit and we started
walking along the highway. i wasnt really paying attention to my
position...and all of the sudden a car drove past and water shot at me like
a waterfall and completely drenched me. It was pretty lame.

This week I met a lady who is 100 years old. Shes a member, and shes still
walking around and everything. I thought I would let you all know that...100
years old! Born in 1911!

This week we had a huge let down with Norma. Everything was ready for the
baptism, and on Saturday morning she somehow found her way to our house to
tell us bad news. Shes not going to get baptized right now because
everything is falling apart in her family. Her husband hasnt been happy with
her decisions in the church. None of her kids want her to get baptized
either. They had a family birthday party that the planned exactly at the
time of her baptism also. She was going to get baptized regardless of all of
this...but she decided that shes going to try to make things better with the
family first. She wants to visit all of her kids in different parts of Chile
and afterward get baptized in about a month. I hope and pray that she does.
It breaks my heart to see someone who wants to follow the Savior so much not
being supported by their family. Satan wants to destroy the family for real.
I have seen that so apparently here. Dont let him get to your family! Stay
strong! Enjoy each others company!

We found a lot of new investigators this week. It will be really good for
the new companion of Elder Hickman! He is going to be training! Hes a little
nervous, but he will do great. We had some great opportunities to teach this
week. I have gained a strong testimony of sharing the gospel ALL THE TIME!
In every possible situation. We are all little scardy cats sometimes, when
in reality, we WILL be guided every time we open our mouth to share the
gospel. Thats a promise! So, my invitation to all of you, open your mouth!
Dont be scared or ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is real and true
and for EVERYONE!

I love you all. Have a great week. Sorry this one is short. I will let you
know how Independencia and Elder Lamb are next week.

Elder Gomez


-Norma and her huged eyed grandson :D
-Me ready to chop wood
-making alfajors (really good common junk food)
-finished
-Me and Gabriel, he served in Ohio in the United states. He translated for
elder Oaks and hermana Swenson in conferences. He might be contacting dad,
because he wants to get into the mba program at byu!
-Familia Rivera Oyarzun. Two new members of the church. :)
-Me and Francheska. Shes had such a change from when we first started
teaching her! She is one of the people that you can tell like black and
white that she has the spirit in her life now.

-- 
*Elder Dallin Dean Gomez*
Chile Concepcion South Mission
O'Higgins 940, Oficina 503
Concepcion
Bio-Bio
Chile







No comments:

Post a Comment