Elder Dallin Dean Gomez

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

transferred again!

June 18, 2012
Hey everyone!
This week was awesome! First off.....FELIZ DIA DEL PADRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you dad! 
Secondly.....we had transfers this week and I got transferred! After just one transfer in Catrihuala!! I am currently sitting in the mission office in Concepcion.
Presidente Martinez called me early Saturday morning to tell me the news that I am going to be one of his assistants who will travel around the mission doing companionship interchanges with the zone leaders to train them and teach them and "infect" them (with the baptismal virus! ha ha) I have to admit I am excited and very nervous. I have some of the obvious feelings of incapability that you get when you are called to do something big....but I figure, if the Lord put me here then it's for a reason...I will go I will do. It really will be tons of fun! First off, Elder Strait one of the other assistants, so I will be working with him a lot which is awesome! We are still trying to be companions again before I leave. I am going to be able to go back to four of my old areas to do interchanges....Labranza, Villa Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Catrihuala, so that will be good. 
My companion will be Elder Morales. A Latin American companion finally! My last 8 companions were American! But the coolest part is that Elder Morales is AMAZING. He is a machine! He was baptized a year before he came on his mission and he has a crazy story! It's basically a Alma the younger story. He is awesome. I have been able to get to know him already and he is great! I am really excited. We are stoked to go and do interchanges with all of the mission! We are going to work miracles in Chile! Yesterday right after church, I had to leave to the bus terminal. Usually transfers are on Tuesday but since we had a meeting with President this morning I had to travel early. I actually had to leave in the middle of the last class in church. On the way to the bus terminal, we had to stop by the mamita´s house to get my clothes (also the house of our ward mission leader) and a huge tender mercy happened to me....I wasnt going to be able to eat lunch because we had no time, and I forgot to buy food on Saturday night for the trip (because you cant buy on the Sabbath Day!)...the last bus that left from Temuco to Concepcion left at 2:15....so we swung by the house to get my last batch of clothes and the Gonzalez family had lunch READY for me and they sat me down and put a big plate of food in front of me and told me to eat really fast. Luckily we had about 15 minutes to spare so I was able to eat! It was a MIRACLE. I didnt have any other food! I knew somehow that the Lord would provide! I felt like Nephi in 1 Nephi 4:6. "and I was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."  The Lord ALWAYS provides! Also, the bishop randomly offered me a ride to get my luggage and go to the terminal....which was a huge help to us! 

As for the rest of the week....well, I have almost forgotten the other stuff this week due to the craziness of the last few days. But..I do remember that we worked very hard. We made sure that we talked to EVERYONE. It was a lot of fun! Elder Laird is also leaving Catrihuala, so two new missionaries will get there. It was hard to leave the ward. All of the members were really sad that we were leaving. I grew to love the members a lot in the last six weeks...so it was a bummer, but now the other missionaries are going to enjoy it. I was especially sad to leave the investigators and the less-active members who we are working with. Miguel was our golden investigator who we have been teaching and it was really hard for him that we were both leaving, but he's so awesome that he understood that it's something that needed to happen and he is going to stay strong. He is going to get baptized for sure. 

A really neat experience is: We were knocking doors one morning before we went to lunch and we saw this one guy who was out back working. Usually we are careful when we contact people who are doing construction or something because sometimes it doesnt end well when they are talking on the job....but we felt strongly like we should talk to this man. So we said "ALO!" and he came up and he said that he was busy..he was a little stubborn. But we just listened to him and he proceeded telling us that he practically doesnt believe in God now because he is abandoned. The spirit came so strong right then. We KNEW that we followed the spirit by talking to him and that we were EXACTLY where the Lord wanted us to be in that moment. He said that he has tons of problems and his daughter is emo and she is in a super bad emotional situation....he is very very depressed. He was bawling like a baby when he told us this. By the end of the conversation he just smiled and said how much we just helped him the in last few minutes. I think he was grateful that someone was here to listen to him and not criticize him and not give him more problems than he already has....but rather, give him solutions. I am so grateful that we were able to share with him a little bit of the plan of salvation
Right after this lesson, we went to lunch with a member family and during lunch, I felt impressed to share the experience with the 23 year-old daughter who is passing through some difficulties. I did and afterward she felt the spirit strong and she said "wow....its amazing how people are ready to hear the gospel always." she was very grateful that we shared the experience with her and I know that it strengthened her testimony. 

In church yesterday I was able to say goodbye to everyone and I went around to the different classes and took pictures with the classes and quorums. It was good. I am going to attach the pictures. 

Random facts:
-There was a lot of rain this week. One day I was on a minibus and the back door was open and the water in the street was splashing into the bus and it soaked this one girl who was a college student. I felt bad! Her back pack was open and it soaked everything...anyway, lots and lots of water. 
-All of the appliances in the Catrihuala house started to break towards the end of the transfer, so that was fun. We showered with cold water for the last week...unless we wanted to heat water up and have a sponge bath or something, which took forever. 
-All of the luggage I started the mission with is still working good....so no worries mom and dad. I got the shoes you sent too! THANK YOU! I needed them badly!

-Elder Alvarez...from Saltillo, Mexico, Elder Nelson...from San Antonio, Texas, and Elder Buentello...from Sabinas, Mexico, are all in the mission and they all know some of our Gomez cousins! Elder Alvarez knows Dina and her family and Rubi and her family, and also Marcos and Gema and family. Elder Nelson knows The Puentes, and Elder Buentello knows the Gema and Marco family too. They all say hi and it's been cool to talk to them!

Tender Mercy- The lunch story on Sunday after church

Well, I have no more time...but I just want to tell you that this week was awesome and I am happy and I love you all and I will be talking to you later! 

photos:
-The zone, Temuco Nielol
-Baptism of Andres
-Me and my son, Elder Barton, who is now going to be a zone leader.
-The hermanas and their investigator who will get baptized this week...Eduardo. He is awesome! We have been working with him forever!
-With two investigators who would be baptized if they were MARRIED!!!! They will be baptized eventually.
-Sister in the ward...she accidentally came to the baptism with mismatching shoes.
-Us making little shirts for father's day (for the men in the ward)
-With Maryuri and Gabriel. Gabriel is a member, his wife isnt. They are from Ecuador. She will be baptized soon!
-Lunch with them....making fried bananas.
-With some of the members. 
-With the youth
-with the young single adults
-Us with the the investigators and the gospel principles teacher. She is the far right. The guy in the middle is MIGUEL!!!!!!!!
-Us with Mauricio, an investigator, he will be baptized in the next few weeks. He has had a HUUUGE change in his life.
-Us with the primary. 
-With a great family who just moved in. 
-With the Elder's quorum
-Familia Yañez...they are awesome! We are teaching their dad.
-Us with Miguel. the STUD!
-Us with Brother Rivas.
-with the bishop
-DAVID
-With Elder Alvarez...from Dina and Rubi's ward.


























No comments:

Post a Comment