Elder Dallin Dean Gomez

Monday, July 9, 2012

another week flew by...

Hey family, 

This week was good. There were so many miracles that happened this week. 
I continue traveling around the mission as an assistant to the mission president and I have had the opportunity to work with many different missionaries in many different areas. It's a little sad for me that I dont have any investigators to tell you about of our own...because we dont have an area, but it's OK, because I can tell you about many investigators now from many different areas. In all of the areas we focused on finding/teaching families. We prayed to the Lord and relied on His help to find new families and people who are prepared to receive the gospel, and also teach those people who the missionaries already had, and help them prepare to make the baptismal covenant.
Me and the companions I was with this week were able to set baptismal dates with 5 diffent families and several individuals in between. We are very excited. The missionaries are gaining the vision to baptize and they are unterstanding more and more the doctrine of Christ and the doctrine of repentance. I have grown so much in the last few weeks. I know that this is the work of the Lord. It has been a huge opportunity to serve in this special assignment. There are tons of missionaries who are very young, so we are preparing the next generation of leaders. 

I honestly dont have very much time to write at all, which I feel bad for...and even lamer, I forgot my agenda and my journal, so I cant remember everything that I wanted to write to you. Let's just say that I gained a really strong testimony that the field is WHITE already to HARVEST!....It's not brown all ready to plant seeds. It's ready to harvest. All we have to do is thrust in our sickle with our might! 
I invite you all back at home that you can invite your friends to learn more about the gospel or to talk to the missionaries. Invite them to firesides, to temple square. ..you dont even REALIZE the AMAZING BLESSING it is to have so many temples..especially the SALT LAKE TEMPLE so close! I havent seen a temple for almost two years now. Invite your friends to chuch! Share mormon messages with them on facebook. Share with them what is most precious to you in your life. Share with them WHY you are always happy. Dont let the opportunities to share the gospel pass by. READ THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY! It is so important. If you dont, you have just taken your hands off of the Iron Rod! Dont let it happen. And for all of you who have let it happen...grab hold again. Repent of your sins....even the little ones. I know that all of these things are important because I have received the blessings from obeying them.....and I have suffered the consequences from not obeying them. 
I love you all!

Tender Mercy- this morning I was on a bus to Los Angeles....and I started talking to the lady sitting next to me. Her name is Elsa. We talked for a few minutes about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It turns out that she has a lot of guilt in her life that doesnt leave her alone. It's a spiritual and mental block and she is sick of carrying these unnecessary burdens. I taught her about the blessings of redemption from sin and the reception of the Holy Ghost through baptism by water and then by fire. I invited her to repent and prepare to be baptized and she accepted. She accepted to be baptized on he best day of the entire year (August 4th) I know that there are people all over who are ready to get baptized to be happy in their lives. To be freed from sin!

I have learned so much in the last little while about what exactly it means to be a representative of Jesus Christ. What it means to preach the gospel. The mission as a whole hadnt been doing very good for a while....but in the last few weeks...especially this week, the mission has achieved success that it hasnt had for years!! Me and my companion, Elder Morales, are humbled for the opportunity to serve in this position and help the mission advance!!! My companion is a convert as of two and a half years. He had a conversion that wasnt far off from the sons of Mosiah and Alma the younger....he has left many addictions, left a completely different lifestyle, and has become a man of God....who is full of the Holy Ghost. I'm just a kid from Lake Point, Utah (the best town in the world) It's been great being together. 
President Martinez has been really happy with the work we've been doing with the areas and missionaries in the mission. Tomorrow we will be with him in a zone that has been struggling quite a bit, Victoria. 
Well, bye bye for now! I hope the trek is going well, 
I hope everyone had a GREAT FOURTH OF JULY!!!! Happy birthday GRANDPA, GRANDMA, ABUELITO, Y ABUELITA this month!!!! (ALL for in July :D) 

Love you all, 
Elder Gomez

ps--i am really sorry about the pictures...today I was going to send them but I dont have my camera with me!! Next week hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment